Black Friday and the holidays are fast approaching and businesses are implementing price-match guarantees so that they don’t lose your business to other stores. This “shopping season” is going to be cut-throat for retailers. From prior experience with price-matching I HIGHLY recommend going to a store that isn’t advertising what you want on sale and having it price-matched there so that you can get the item at the best price without the risk of it being sold-out. You have a better chance of finding the products in-stock at the retailer NOT advertising the sale.
Best Buy Price Match Guarantee
We won’t be beat on price.
We’ll match the product prices of key online and local competitors.
- At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.
- We match BestBuy.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices on BestBuy.com purchases.
- If we lower our price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.
- Our Price Match Guarantee covers one price match per identical item, per customer, at the current pre-tax price available to all customers.
Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:
- The online prices of retailers not listed.
- Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer.
- Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace sellers) on websites.
- Competitors’ service prices, Best Buy For Business transactions and BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items.
- Any financing offers, bundle offers, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, items that are advertised as limited quantity, out of stock items, clearance items, open-box items, refurbished items, pre-owned items, deal of the day, daily deals, special hour sale event items, credit card offers, gift card offers, rent/lease to own items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.
Price Match Guarantee
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price, your original receipt and we’ll match the price at the Guest Service Desk.
Price Match Guarantee: the details
- The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- For matching competitor ads, including catalogs, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested. For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- Online competitor matching is limited to items sold on Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com by the site owner
- For matching Target.com or online competitors, the retail price must be shown on your mobile device or by bringing in a printed page showing the current price. Online competitor pricing must be validated by a Target team member. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date and retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time price match is requested.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item per guest.
Price Match Guarantee: exclusions
- Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy: opens in a new window.).
- Prices from other Target or CityTarget stores.
- Online prices from competitors not listed above.
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
- “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
- Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
- Percent off or dollar off if the retail is not shown in the advertisement.
- Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
- Buy something, get something offers where exact item matches cannot be verified and/or price for all items is not shown in the advertisement
- Competitor coupon-required.
- Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
- Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
- Offers that include financing.
- Free product where no qualifying purchase is required.
- Bundled offers–including bundled subscriptions–and special purchases.
- Sales tax promotions.
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
- Pricing or typographical errors.
- Advertisements that do not specify product specifics such as size or quantity.
- Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
- Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
- Contract cell phone plans and devices.
- Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
- Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.
- Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations.
We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*
- Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
- Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
- Competitors’ ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
- For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)
*The following are guidelines and limitations:
- We will match any local competitor’s advertised price.
- We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor’s ad.
- Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.). No substitutions
- In all situations Walmart reserves the right to limit BOGO quantities to one per customer or household
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
- example: “Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C”
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
- example: “Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free”
- Items that require a purchase to get a competitors’ gift card
- example: “Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off
- example: “All mascara, 40% off”
- Competitors’ private label price promotions
- A specific price that omits a specific characteristic of an item (Example: $9.50 on “all sizes or quantities” of an assortment)
We do not honor:
- Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
- Internet pricing
- Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
- “Going out of business” sales or “closeout” prices
Price Match Policy
Retail Competitors – Stores
If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number currently available for sale at another local competitor’s retail store, Sears will match that price. Just bring in the original advertisement to a sales associate at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase.
Retail Competitors – Online
If you find a lower online price (including any costs for shipping and handling, but not delivery) on an identical brand and model number currently available from a local competitor’s retail store honoring its own online price and the item is currently available for sale and delivery in your area, Sears will match the price of the merchandise. Just print the ordering page (including the costs for shipping and handling), and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form. Sears will not price match internet-only retailers.
Sears Branded Stores and Sears Branded Websites
If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number from another Sears branded non-outlet retail format or website, Sears will match that price. Sears will not price match limited time Online Only events, special Online Price, or conditional Online Only Special Offers on our websites. Only items listed as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are eligible for price matching on our websites. Sears will not price match any Marketplace items or any items sold by Sears Outlet or searsoutlet.com. All other rules for qualification apply.
Sears will not price match competitor’s items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day or door busters. Sears will not price match items offered for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, bonus or free offers, special offers, online-only offers, bundled offers, rebates, any special financing offers, coupons, protection agreements, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Sears will not price match services (including, but not limited to, delivery, installation, and assembly), parts, Sears Licensed partner websites, digital services, Sears Presents or Shop At Home catalogs. Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii will not match any online prices. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitor’s prices that result from a price match. Sears will not price match Kenmore items at non-Sears Holdings retail formats.
Price Protection Policy
Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference. All Price Match rules and exclusions apply including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving.
To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form. You will be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and the current advertised/reduced price. Apparel clearance merchandise and conditional Online Only Special Offers do not qualify for Price Protection Policy adjustments.